Walden Capital are excited to announce that they have been awarded the Pension Transfer Gold Standard by the Pension Advice Taskforce of the Personal Finance Society.
This means that we are committed to upholding the highest standards that apply with respect to the provision of pension advice to our clients in relation to Pension Transfers.
Keith Richards, CEO of The Personal Finance Society and Chair of the Pension Advice Taskforce, said: “The overwhelming response and support of the Gold Standard represents the cultural and professionalism of the majority who are passionate about their profession but recognise that we need to be more united behind the best outcomes for the public, not just the clients who already trust us.
Walden Capital is proud to be amongst this group of those practitioners dedicted to being the best in this market place.
The Pension Transfer Gold Standard is a commitment by Walden Capital to uphold the following 9 key commitments to ensure good quality outcomes for our clients, and for those we meet. They are;
- Helping clients understand when advice is appropriate
- Ensuring advice given supports the client’s overall wellbeing in the context of their stated objectives
- Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of all charges
- Ensuring the most appropriate and updated technical skills are applied
- Transparent management of Conflicts of Interest
- Helping clients understand the cost of transferring benefits
- Avoiding unregulated investments and introducers
- Transparency in advice processes and outcomes
- Promoting the Consumer Guide to the Pension Transfer Gold Standard
The Gold Standard is a response to some examples of poor practice that have been prevalent within the pension market place, and shows that the advisory community as a whole, and Walden Capital in particular seeks to impose a higher standard on this most critical area of advice. Pensions are critical to the long term financial security of millions of individuals in the UK, and indeed the nation as a whole, and adopting standards like this Gold Standard is essential in driving forward good practice, and driving out those who would seek to profit from the lack of knowledge that so many consumers and pensioners have about their most important financial asset.